Do you find it difficult to attend an appointment during the working day?
Are you a busy parent with small children?
Or do you rely on working carers to take you to appointments?
The Corby GP Extended Access service makes it easier for you to book an appointment with a local GP or other healthcare professional at a time that is more convenient, including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays. Appointments are available in Corby.
When are appointments in my area available?
- 18:30 – 20:00 Monday to Friday
- 08:30 – 12:30 Saturday
- 08:30 – 10:30 Sundays
- Bank Holidays 8:30 – 10:30
Q Doctor Virtual Appointments are available:
- Monday & Thursday 18:30 – 19:30
- Sunday 09:00 – 12:00
If you would prefer to see your usual GP or practice nurse, please book an appointment with the practice during normal opening hours.
What type of appointments are available?
A range of appointments are available through the service, including the following:
- GP – routine GP Appointments & test results
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner – acute minor illness
- Health Care Assistants – new patients medicals & lifestyle advice
- Practice Nurse – family planning, blood pressure checks, foot pulse checks, ear syringing.
- First Contact Physiotherapists – specialist assessment of any acute muscle skeletal condition (over 16 years)
Where will I be seen?
All appointments for the Corby GP Extended Access Service are available at the Woodsend Medical Centre, School Place, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 0QP.
Ask us about GP Extended Access. When your practice is closed please contact NHS 111 if you require health support or advice.
For support with the management of minor ailments, please contact your local pharmacist or visit the NHS website.